Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

24 Weeks!

Somethings don't change! B2 has discovered an affinity for my right side rib-cage which was also Bowman's favorite place to practice kung-fu, jiu-jitsu, capoeira or whatever it is that's going on in there.  Right now it mainly tickles but I'm bracing myself for the major jabs that are coming my way within a few weeks as he puts on weight.  He's a lively guy just like his brother was :)

Here's the 24-week bump. The best I can do is snap a photo in the restroom at work, oh well you get the idea- it's big! 


I'm bigger now than I was at 24 weeks with Bowman. All of the difficult symptoms I started to experience toward the end of my pregnancy with Bowman seem to be coming on a lot earlier with this one, it's as though my body is saying "You're really doing this AGAIN?!" yep I am, and I have to be very careful.  I feel very fragile, and I spend a lot of time lying down; thanks to a wonderful husband and nanny that are picking up the slack for in terms of all the activity with Bowman that I'm just physically unable to do.  During my first pregnancy I discovered that I am one of the unlucky women who's body is highly sensitive to a hormone  released during pregnancy which has the effect of slightly softening pelvic joints in preparation for childbirth.  My joints do not soften "slightly", they fall apart. Pregnancy literally breaks me! My pelvis is literally separating and it is intensely painful, stabbing pain that has really increased this week.  It didn't start with Bowman until I was 7 months along, this time it showed up at 4.5 months and has been slowly building in intensity.  I hate to sound cliché, but truly it's all worth it in the end for another sweet baby boy!!And in the meantime everybody around me gets to hear Queen Bee complain non-stop :)))

3 comments:

  1. OUCH! I'll add you & your pelvis to my prayer list at night! :D
    Much love to all of you!
    XO,
    LB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you Lori, my pelvis appreciates your kind thoughts and prayers. We need all the help we can get! :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. You look amazing cute my friend!!!! Muah

    ReplyDelete