Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dear Isaiah,

It has been 365 days. 373 since I held you in my arms, all 26 pounds of you smushed against my big growing belly. We love you so much, every day and forever. Your life has changed us, who we are and how we love. We are in awe of your mom and dad's strength and the choice they made to live in joy and rejoice in your life. We love them so much and would go to the end of the earth and back for them. Your big brother Jackson is simply amazing and brings smiles and laughter to ours and the faces of countless individuals on a daily basis. Such a character and such a sweet soul. Your god-brother Bowman Isaiah Jack is growing and growing, he turned 10 months old yesterday. He would adore you. Sometimes I wake up at night and find comfort in knowing you are there watching over him. I often think of you when I'm holding him. We miss you so much.

You remind me all the time to stop whatever I am doing, whatever I am busy or preoccupied with, whatever doesn't matter. You remind me to rejoice and be overcome with gratitude for what I have, right now. God blessed us with knowing you.


1 comment:

  1. Allison, that is so sweet. I am in awe of all of you who lost him and kept on going with gratitude and love in your hearts.

    ReplyDelete