Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Honolulu with Baybo

Last Wednesday morning at 9:30am Bowman and I boarded our Honolulu-bound flight. AJ came to the gate with us to help me with the Baybo and since I was about to embark on a 5-1/2 hour flight by myself with the munchkin, AJ took care of Bowman until it was time to get on the plane.
Bowman was awesome on the plane, he did not cry one time, not even for a second. He fell asleep before the plane took off, slept for the first hour of the flight, and mama got to have her Mai Tai! I swear, this Trader Vic's Mai Tai is the most delicious drink ever known. I've only ever had it when we are Honolulu-bound, which makes it an extra special treat. When Baybo woke up he got a hold of the EMPTY bottle and went to town! He then was awake for 2 hours during which time we ate, played (with toys other than the mai tai bottle, although it was a favorite), changed diaper, played some more and then he slept for the rest of the flight until 15 minutes before we landed. Success!
As it turns out, packing for this trip was a great practice-run for our European adventure coming up in June; it really showed me how much crap I pack and don't use!! I packed two GIANT suitcases (I mean really really big, big enough I could fit in them), both were over 50 lbs! That means I brought over 100lbs of stuff for a FOUR DAY TRIP! Yep. Arrived Wednesday, left Sunday. 110 pounds. I used about a quarter of it, if that. Hey, what can I say, I like to be prepared!! I am going to have to do some serious re-evaluating before I pack for the THREE WEEK trip, or else we are going to need an elephant to cart around our luggage, because at my rate it will weigh a few tons. Not gonna happen :)

Our visit with my parents was so much fun! It was just Bowman, Bobbie and me for the first few days. My dad was at his office in Guam and didn't get there until Friday night. Bobbie and I took Bowman swimming for the first time and he loved it! I braved it in my bikini for the first time in what feels like years, Eeeeek!! I found this little swim suit for Bowman with floats sewn into it. It made him look like he had a turtle shell, so funny!





















The floating suit made me feel more comfortable holding him in the water; I was so paranoid about him dipping his face in the water or slipping. All of the blow-up pool/water toys contain Phthalates which are SO bad for little ones to be exposed to, so we didn't use those. The pool water is saline rather than chlorine which was great because it didn't dry our skin out. We took a little bath when we came in for the evening (don't worry, I have my bikini on even though you cant see it very well. trust me we're not going there :) Look at my Mr. Munchkin!




On Friday we had lunch at our favorite spot, on the lanai overlooking the bay at Mariposa in the Neiman Marcus Ala'Moana. Bowman was a perfect gentleman on the lunch date with his ladies, just a few shrieks here and there.

Poppie arrived on Friday night and Bowman was up waaaaay past his bedtime and cried when he saw him :( The next morning everything was better and Poppie played guitar for Bowman for the first time. I have probably watched the video 100 times it is so adorable to me. It really appears Bowman is keeping time with the rhythm.

Saturday we drove out to the North Shore and had lunch at one of our favorite spots. It was a nice little half day out, then back home for relaxing.

Sunday came to fast and it was time to go home. I packed up all 100-pounds of stuff back into the giant suitcases and we headed for the airport to catch our 1:30pm flight back to Sac. I couldn't believe it but Bowman was just a wonderful on the flight back home. Don't get me wrong, I certainly had to work to make sure he was entertained while he was awake but I was equipped with brand new toys he'd never seen before and got them out one at a time. Works like magic! I am so impressed with my son for being such a good-natured guy and taking such good care of his mama on the airplane rides.
He was sooooo happy to see his daddy at the airport. He greeted dada with a grin, a shriek and a big hug... here's the poppa happy to have his cubby home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment