Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Little Slice of Heaven

I believe little bits of heaven surround us everyday, always. They are always there if you choose to see them. I am constantly working and reminding myself to stop. Look around. Enjoy the right now, because it's a wonderful life and after all, none of us are guaranteed anything beyond this very moment. There are no do-overs. Each moment is an opportunity to make a choice what to focus on, whether we are conscious of it or not is up to us.

Here is my little slice of heaven- sitting with Bowman in our front living room cozy by the fire.
I often get tangled up in the fast-paced what's coming next. Let's face it, I'm a busybody to-do list kinda gal and it's easy to forget to stop and appreciate all of the blessings around me. I especially try to focus on this during Christmas time. Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year. But if there ever was a to-do-list time of year, this is it! I have learned that if I don't make a continuous to slow down and soak it all in, then Christmas flies by in a blink of an eyelash! This is a lesson I have come to learn over the past few years when it's the new year and I'm crying because Christmas went by too fast. After the fact, I've realized that I was so busy and stressed out over the things we all know Christmas isn't really about (gifts, decorations, parties etc) which are all fun things but can also easily become my focus and spiral into a big source of stress if I'm not mindful.

I think this lesson I've learned about myself and the Christmas season, is a microcosm of life with a baby- it's so easy to be busy and stressed out all the time- babies grow and change so fast!! If I don't make the conscious effort to stop. refocus. appreciate right now. this precious little being that God gave me to love, nurture and care for- the time flies in the blink of an eye and I don't want to feel like I missed out.

So here's to making the choice to notice the little glimpses of heaven we all have in our lives.

Thanks for listening :)

3 comments:

  1. your little punkin is so precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally there with you, have two grown children and now a 1 year old. The days will go by fast. Following you from BM, would love for you to follow back at http://www.momstreehouse.com/. Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are constantly saying that we want our baby to stay exactly as she is forever. But then she changes and we seem to love each stage more than the last. We just passed the one year mark and it's funny how it seems so fast but yet I can't even remember our life without her.

    ReplyDelete