Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Imperfect Is Perfect


"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect, it means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections" -Anonymous

I read this quote today and as a new mom it couldn't be more meaningful to me right now. I want to do everything perfectly for my baby son, but have to constantly remind myself there is no such thing as perfect.

I personally have a hard time accepting the fact that perfect is an unattainable standard. Those of us Type A's that set the bar very high for ourselves, are in danger of being plagued with the guilt of "should have, could have and would haves" and never quite good enough. While there is nothing wrong with expecting the best from yourself and others, when you constantly set your expectations just outside of the realm of possibility, within the realm of perfect, you are setting yourself up to fail and disappoint. This is perpetual self-sabotage.

I am imperfect, and I'm trying to learn to accept that's ok, it's real, not a cop-out. Do my best and be happy and enjoy life, that's my mantra of the moment.

On that note, here IS a picture of perfect in my eyes :)

2 comments:

  1. Alli,
    He is an angel! I once read that the only mom to worry about is one who never questions what she is doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend he SO looks like AJ here!!!! ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete