Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Snuza... sigh of relief

Since I have several friends with brand new babies right now I wanted to share about this little gadget that has brought me SO much piece of mind. It's called the Snuza Halo Baby Movement Monitor and it is a SIDS prevention monitor.
This amazing little clip has a super ultra sensitive movement detector that detects a baby's slightest breathing movement. It clips onto the diaper with the movement sensor facing up, touching the baby's abdomen, a very small light flashes green with each detected movement (this allows you to easily tell the device is powered "on"). If after 15 seconds no movement is detected, the device vibrates to stimulate the baby. If after an additional 5 seconds movement isn't detected a loud beeping alarm goes off to alert the parents.

When I was 7 months pregnant the best friend of one of my best friends (if that makes sense) lost her 10-week old baby to SIDS he sleeping in his crib right next to the mothers bed, this heartbreaking tragedy of course terrified me beyond belief. That's when I started researching motion monitors and found the SNUZA.

I clip it onto Bowman's diaper every night before his final feeding, right before I swaddle him. Even though he sleeps in his newborn napper right next to my side of the bed, or in his Snuggle Nest actually in the bed with me, this brings me extra piece of mind that if for some reason his breath stopped I would know immediately. It's amazingly sensitive, a few times I've taken it off to change him and sure enough BEEP BEEP BEEP!! startles me 20 seconds into changing him :)

I purchased ours on Amazon. Worth EVERY penny!

Here is a picture I took the other night right before I swaddled him :)

1 comment:

  1. This might be my next purchase. I can not get my little man swaddled. I have the swaddle mes and the miracle blanket. He just likes to stretch out. Bowman is super cute! Maybe Grant and I can plan a Napa trip in the spring. It's been awhile since the wine tasting! :) xo

    ReplyDelete