Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

6 Years Happy Anniversary!






















































Well this time I have to blame my late posting on AJ's birthday gift, which I have commandeered- the iPad. It's technically HIS but I haven't put the thing down since he got it set up last Saturday morning. I started writing this post last Saturday with the intention of posting it on Saturday, which was our anniversary.

July 3, 2010 is six years for us! It's been fun to look back through the pictures and pick out a few to share. Though, six years ago I would have told you it's not possible, I can honestly say I love AJ more now than I did, and that I will love him more tomorrow than today. Each day, each month and each year has built upon itself to create such a wonderful relationship that we have. I am so proud of us. We have plowed such a trail on our own, completely. From the get go we've lived in cities without a close friend or family member around for miles and miles. We've moved to new towns where neither of us knows a soul and have flourished. I've come to discover that truly, wherever we are together, we both feel right at home- I can say with 100 percent positivity as long as we have each other we could be truly happy anywhere...(except for maybe Arkansas, I don't know why but I will NEVER live in Arkansas...or North Dakota...I digress :)
We've done so much together since we were married, we've built houses, moved at total of 3 times, made great strides in our careers and have HAD FUN! We've lived and enjoyed the journey with faith and trust. Each phase has been better and better and has brought us closer together than before.

I'd be lying if I didn't say how hard it is having lived away from close friends, family and a familiar community for so long, every time we visit family/friends AJ lovingly teases me because I cry when we leave, always, and say "can we move here?" Anytime a close friend or family member visits us, I always cry after taking them to the airport wishing I could see them again the next day. Missing our loved ones and hometowns is a part of life But it makes the time we do spend with those people so meaningful and special. And I'm also very happy to say that in the past six years we've made some new friends that are and will be among those we consider part of our closest.
Now we are starting a new chapter, entering a brand new typhus of life together as we welcome our baby son into our family. AJ and I are already experiencing a whole new love we never imagined for each other and for our baby.

I bought this old headboard at a flea market probably a year and a half ago- when I saw it I immediately knew I would turn it into a fun piece of art. Well its been around for a while and I've pondered just what to do with it- it was neat looking on its own hanging on a wall in our bedroom. A few weeks ago I finally decided what I would do and that I would give it to AJ on our anniversary. I took it through a few phases and layers of painting and then the final touch was writing the lyrics to "our song" across the piece. The writing is in a color just a few shades darker than the body color so it's subtle, you have to be standing about 3 feet away before you really notice the words.

Heaven (originally by Brian Adams)

Oh - thinking about all our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free

Now nothing can take you away from me
We've been down that road before
But that's over now
You keep me coming back for more

Baby you're all that I want
When you're lying here in my arms
I'm finding it hard to believe
We're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven

Oh - once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feeling down

Nothing could change what you mean to me
Oh there's lots that I could say
But just hold me now
because our love will light the way

Baby you're all that I want
When you're lying here in my arms
I'm finding it hard to believe
We're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven

I've been waiting for so long
For something to arrive
For love to come along

Now our dreams are coming true
Through the good times and the bad
I'll be standing there by you

























Here are the flowers AJ surprised me with, and a week later I've separated them out of the vase and they're still beautiful! Especially the Stargazers..my fave!

No comments:

Post a Comment