Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day; A New Meaning

Dear Baby Bowman,

It's my first official mothers day today! You've been rolling and kicking all day long to remind me of that fact. Even though I haven't seen you in person yet, I already know and love you. I am and will forever be your mommy.

I think about all of the mothers in your father's and my lifetime. Our mothers, their mothers and their mothers' mothers.

I am blessed to have the most wonderful mother, your Gramma Bobbie, she is so loving, and she loves you so much! If I can be half as good as she was, then we'll be in good shape. You won't get to meet your daddy's mother, your Grand-mère Becky, but we will tell you all about her and what a vivacious, vibrant woman she was. Even though you won't meet her in person, she will always be a part of you, and you will always have her love with you. Although she's not here, her 3 sisters; Aunt Ann, Aunt Sudi & Aunt Dinah and your Gramma Dee, can't wait to meet you and shower you with love. You are fortunate to have 3 Great Grandmothers; my Grandmom Cash, Grandmother Margret and Gramma Ann, that you will get to meet. They have been so influential in my life- the gift of their love and care has been such a blessing and has shaped the person I am today. Your Daddy's Grandmothers have also passed, but don't you think for one second that Gommie and MaMaw Jack aren't watching over you and me right this moment.

So that's what I've been thinking about today, all of the mothers that surround your daddy and me, whom we wouldn't be here without and wouldn't be the people we are today if not for the gift of their love throughout our lives.

There are so many people ready to love you, that already do love you! Love is lifes best gift and your daddy and I can't wait to give you the endless love we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment