Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

29 Weeks!

Here we are- 11 weeks to go!! 11 weeks sounds so short, yet so long when it's something you're so excited about. All in all this has been a great week and I hope they keep getting better and better! I'm still on the cottage cheese and canned peaches kick, (had to switch to no salt added cottage cheese, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it has 400mg of sodium per serving!!), and we've eaten dinner at the same restaurant 3 days this week because I've been craving their amazing spinach salad with grilled curry chicken, strawberries, oranges and goat cheese YUM!

I experienced heartburn for the very first time in my life the Monday before last I had it for a few days and it was TERRIBLE! It went away once I started in with the canned fruit and cottage cheese.
It's interesting that at this time during development his skeletal system is requiring LOTS of calcium which means my cravings make a little sense.
I postponed the glucose screening test that I was supposed to do last Friday, and did it yesterday. I should know the results tomorrow or Monday. I hope I pass, it would be terrible to have to do the 3-hour round2 test. During the blood draw I practiced my meditation and focused on the image in my mind of AJ holding our brand new baby son and I did really well! I didn't hyperventalate or cry at all! (like I usually do when needles are are in my vicinity). Good job Alli!

Baby Bowman Gable Jack, is nearly 3 pounds and 16 inches long. I wonder how big he will end up? Based on the size of his mommy and daddy at birth, he could be up there. We'll find out in about 11 weeks :) This tummy is just growing bigger and bigger. Yowza!! I figure as long as the s-word doesn't start showing up (strrrrretch-marks eeeek!) we'll keep taking a weekly picture. Hopefully I won't get them but there's nothing I can do either way. I will say that I've been using the most amazing product I found at our health food store, its called Great Mothers Belly Butter, I rub it on every night and I KNOW for sure it's helping my skin to stretch. It contains lots of natural oils and my skin absorbs it really well.

Yep- 7 months pregnant and still working out. I really enjoy going in the morning because I feel good all day. I go with AJ at 6am and while he works out with his trainer, I do my own slow workout and then I meet with my trainer Allyson once a week- she's so amazing! I've been working with her for over a year and a half now, the term "trainer" just doesn't do her justice, I prefer fitness guru extraordinaire! I haven't been as consistent as I'd like to have been, due to various pregnancy related ailments (nausea, getting sick, feeling like i'm going to pop etc...) but I have re-committed myself for this last 12 week stretch. If I can keep up with it, I'll be that much better off during labor and postpartum. I'm also starting prenatal yoga next week on Monday and Wednesday evenings. It's supposed to be very beneficial in helping labor to go more smoothly, and it should be pretty relaxing too :) I'm just going to try my best.

AJ and I are driving to San Francisco at 5 this afternoon to have dinner with my Daddy. He's on his way home from making the rounds to all of his offices; Anchorage to Hawaii to Guam to Hawaii to San Francisco and then he finally gets to return home to Anchorage tomorrow night. Exhausting, but he's been doing it for over 20 years- I wonder if it gets easier or harder? I don't know if I'm going to see Mom & Dad again before the baby comes so I'm happy to get this couple of hours with him :) I love them so much!!! and miss them everyday.

1 comment:

  1. You are the most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete