Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 2 Month 6! 24 weeks and 2 days



I can't believe how big my belly is!! I can't imagine how much bigger it's going to grow!! AJ took the photo this morning because yesterday evening we were really busy- I just woke up thus the bed head and puffy eyes. Tired mama! :) We toured Sutter Davis Birth Center yesterday evening and then AJ took me to dinner and out for a strawberry milkshake- and it wasn't even date night, that's tonight. My husband takes such good care of me he's the greatest! I am very excited about having the baby at Sutter Davis hospital. Once born, the baby is placed directly on the mother, they are major advocates of "skin to skin" contact for a minimum of 30 minutes up to 2 hours after birth. It helps the baby to form an immediate bond with the mother. They even do this with C-section delivery! The baby is never taken from the delivery room for bathing or check-up, that is all done right there in the room with mom and dad (assuming a healthy baby of course). I also like that they encourage natural birth without intervention, all of the typical pain management options are available, but they aren't going to try to force or encourage me to use them. I think it's the right place for us and I can't wait to have this baby!!!
Babycenter.com says he has gained 4 ounces since last week and that my uterus is the size of a soccer ball!!!??! Wow that's amazing! This is a photo of a 24 week fetus in the womb. It's so incredible that's what Bowman looks like inside me!

1 comment:

  1. Of course you look beautiful puffy eyes and all:)

    ReplyDelete